How to become an Opay aggregator and agent
Are u looking for a side hustle or business that you can do irrespective of your age and income? We suggest that you think about becoming an Opay agent. Opay is among the Fintech companies that are reshaping the face of digital banking in Nigeria and Africa. The company is owned by the same guys that own Opera.
If you intend to become an Opay aggregator this article will be of help to you. This is because it will show you how to become an Opay aggregator and also how to become an Opay agent without getting you confused.
To get enough information on how to become an Opay agent and aggregator, we encourage you to read this article until the end.
In our previous article, we talked about how to become a Moniepoint Aggregator and Agent. However, if you have not become a moniepoint agent or aggregator, choosing Opay might also be the right choice for you.
Who is an Opay Aggregator?
An Opay aggregator is an indication or business entity whose responsibility is to provide a safety platform or means for merchants to accept payments from their customers through Opay.
An aggregator is like a bridge (intermediary) between merchants and Opay, offering them access to Opay’s services such as Opay’s payment infrastructure, and other services.
Opay aggregator offers a wide range of financial services to merchants, which includes payment integration with their online stores, payment notification, transaction tracking and recording, and customer support.
Apart from their main responsibility, they can also offer other related services such as marketing and promotional campaigns, setting up fraud prevention measures, etc
In summary, an Opay aggregator is an individual who establishes a business with the sole purpose of distributing Opay products or rendering Opay services to Pay agents. For instance: An Opay aggregator is responsible for distributing Opay POS to the registered Opay agents.
Who is An Opay Agent?
We believe that this set of Opay workers don’t need an introduction again, you see them daily on their Opay stands attending to customers. Without wasting your time, An Opay Agent is an individual or business entity authorized by Opay to render financial services to customers on their behalf. Agents earn what is known as a commission for every transaction done by them.
The mechanism between the Opay aggregator and the agent is that the aggregator acts as an intermediary between merchants (agents) and Opay, while Agents act as intermediaries between customers and Opay.
Opay agent helps to onboard new users, process payments, and offers other financial-related services which include fund transfer, fund withdrawal, bill payments, and other services.
How To Become an Opay Aggregator
Since we already told you who Opay aggregator and agent is, they differ in the service they provide. In this section, we will show you a step-by-step guide on how to become an Opay aggregator and agent easily in Nigeria.
Becoming an Opay aggregator doesn’t require huge capital. An average Nigerian who is so passionate about building a side-income business can become an aggregator of Opay.
Follow the below steps to become an aggregator.
How to become Opay aggregator: Basic Requirements
- Your legal names
- Active email address
- Active phone number
- State of residence
- Local Government identification letter
- Valid Government identification card for verification, this can be a voter’s card, driver’s license, or international passport)
- A clear image of your shop
- Utility bill that is not older than three months.
Once you have all the above listed documents you are good to go.
How To Become an Opay Aggregator: Step-by-step guide
Follow the below steps to become an aggregator.
- Visit the Opay website and click on the Aggregator section.
- Fill out the aggregator application form: you will be required to enter your bio-data, your company/business name, contact information, and business registration details.
- Wait for a Response: once your application is reviewed and accepted. Customer support will contact you with all the information required to access Opay’s payment infrastructure. That you would use to carry out payment processing for merchants.
How to become an Opay agent in Nigeria
If you are interested in becoming an Opay agent in Nigeria, follow the below steps to complete your registration.
- Go to your App Store or play store to download the Opay Mobile app. You can get this app also in the Palm app store. After downloading the app, go ahead to create your account free of charge. You can also create an account using their official website.
- Go to the Agent section on the app and fill out the Agent application form with your details such as bio-data, address as well as contact information.
- Once your application is reviewed and granted, it is very important to go for the Opay agent training and certification program. The training aims to allow you to learn and master how to use Opay’s payment infrastructure.
- Once you complete your training as Opay agents, you will receive permission to render financial services to customers on behalf of Opay.
Benefits of Becoming an Opay Aggregator and Agent
There are several benefits to becoming an Opay agent and aggregator account. We don’t think you want to skip that for any reason at all.
- Additional Income: Becoming an OPay aggregator and agent can provide you with an additional source of income and increase your earning potential.
- High Commissions: OPay offers high commissions to their agents and aggregators, with commissions ranging from 0.5% to 1% depending on the service being offered.
- Easy Registration: The registration process for becoming an OPay aggregator or agent is straightforward, allowing you to start earning immediately.
- Diverse Services: As an OPay aggregator or agent, you can offer a variety of services including airtime and data recharge, bill payment, money transfer, and more, increasing your earning potential.
- Flexibility: You can work as an OPay aggregator or agent from anywhere, at any time, using your mobile phone or computer.
- Customer Acquisition: Becoming an OPay aggregator or agent allows you to tap into a large customer base and acquire new customers through the variety of services you offer.
- Brand Recognition: OPay is a recognized brand in Nigeria, and becoming their agent or aggregator can enhance the credibility and reputation of your business.
- Training and Support: OPay offers training and support to their agents and aggregators to ensure they are equipped with the necessary skills and knowledge to excel in their roles.
Frequently Ask Questions on how to become an Opay aggregator and agent in Nigeria. (FAQs)
This section is dedicated to answering some important questions about becoming a successful Opay aggregator and agent.
Who is an Opay Aggregator?
An Opay aggregator is an individual who sets up a business with the objective of offering Opay services to merchants. You can equally say that an aggregator is an intermediary between merchants and Opay.
Who is an OPay agent?
An Opay Agent is a person authorized by Opay to render financial services to their customers on their behalf.
How much do I need to become an Opay aggregator?
To become an Opay aggregator you don’t need any fee. just visit their official website and fill out the aggregator application form and wait for approval.
How much will I make as an Agent?
As an agent, you get commission from every transaction on your POS machine plus your own service charge.
How much is the Opay POS machine?
Opay POS machine cost about N25,000, note each agent is expected to pay this fee in order to own their own POS machine